PR Consulting Dentsu promotes CSR activities based on the Dentsu Group Code of Conduct.
- Environmental efforts
In June 2006, PR Consulting Dentsu earned ISO 14001:2004 (JISQ14001:2004) environmental management certification as a member of the Dentsu Group. We have introduced Cool Biz and Warm Biz to curb CO2 emissions stemming from air conditioner usage, and we promote garbage sorting and the proactive use of recycled paper. In addition, as part of our employee awareness-raising activities and efforts to promote ongoing learning after acquiring ISO certification, we encourage employees to take the Environmental and Social Examination (commonly known as the "Eco Exam") sponsored by the Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and as of January 2019, 32 employees (12.5% of all employees) have passed the examination.
We support and participate in the COOL CHOICE national movement for global warming countermeasures promoted by the Ministry of the Environment.
- Information security
As PR Consulting Dentsu handles personal and confidential corporate information, we earned ISO/IEC 27001:2005 information security management certification (JIS Q 27001: 2006) in 2005, and we ensure proper management of information.br>
PR Consulting Dentsu has also developed guidelines for its employees and external business partners to ensure they use social media responsibly.
- PR Consulting Dentsu makes efforts to ensure legal compliance as a company and by every employee. We regularly hold mandatory study sessions for all employees and conduct awareness-raising activities on the code of conduct for employees as both business people and individuals.
- Professional ethics
PR Consulting Dentsu upholds and abides by the Code of Ethics and the Code of Conduct of the International Public Relations Association (IPRA) and the Code of Ethics of the Public Relations Society of Japan as the professional code of conduct of its employees. In addition, we carry out WOM (word-of-mouth) marketing for online communication activities among consumers in accordance with the WOMJ guidelines established by the Word of Mouth Japan Marketing Association.
● International Public Relations Association
● Public Relations Society of Japan
● Word of Mouth Japan Marketing Association
- Dispatch of speakers and cooperation with lectures
- Although public relation needs and educational interest are increasing in Japan as much as in Europe and the United States, the opportunity to systematically study public relations at educational institutions is limited. Accordingly, at the request of universities, we dispatch employees as speakers to give lectures on public relations. We also provide lectures in English to students from overseas universities majoring in public relations and communications who come to Japan for short-term training to provide insight on the situation of public relations in Japan.
We promote a work environment that allows employees to comfortably work in their own way.
- View details here.
- Diversity & Inclusion
We promote diversity in line with the Dentsu Group Code of Conduct.
<Persons with disabilities>
Ever since the company hired Paralympic alpine skiing gold medalist Kuniko Obinata (since 2007), we have been promoting a diversity and inclusion-based workplace that encourages individuality and an environment where all employees support each other and can be themselves.
Currently, 46% of our employees are female, which is relatively high for Japan. We offer an environment that provides a comfortable workplace for female employees through childcare and long-term nursing care support.
On June 10, 2021, in support of Keidanren's Challenge Initiatives for 30% of Executives to be Women by 2030, we set the goal of increasing the ratio of our female executives to 30% or more by 2030.
Please refer to the Keidanren website for details on the Challenge Initiatives for 30% of Executives to be Women by 2030.
Keidanren website → https://challenge203030.com/
Furthermore, we support the Famiee project to achieve a society in which diverse forms of family are openly recognized, such as LGBT couples, common-law couples, children who were born from sperm/egg donations, children who were born from surrogate mothers, and single mothers who live in support of each other, etc.
In 2023, our company was awarded Gold Certification in the PRIDE Index, an evaluation of LGBTQ-related initiatives in the workplace by the voluntary organization “Work with Pride.”
In June 2023, PR Consulting Dentsu was awarded 3-star Eruboshi certification, the highest grade, by the Japanese Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare for our dedication to advancing the careers of women employees.